During the summer of 2010 I will be spending 14 weeks in Central America. The majority of that time will be spent in Quetzaltenango (Xela), Guatemala, studying Spanish and volunteering in local and rural health clinics. I hope to be able to keep up with you all here!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A quickie

Hola! Wanted to write something quick. I have an exam tomorrow and need to go to the store before I begin studying, so I probably won't have time today for a proper post, but wanted to let you all know that I am getting all your comments and emails and they mean the world to me!

I'm at McDonald's for a sec -- desperately needed a sundae -- and my friend from school Erin turned to me and said, "I'm SO glad we have internet here." Yo tambien!

Here is yesterday in a nutshell -- I bought The Little Prince in Spanish, I saw leprosy for the first time, and a bird pooped on my head.

Today I have felt very uncharitable towards Xela, but much of that is Sr. Rooster and the fact that I am straight up allergic to this place. I am a histamined mess. But I got some meds for tonight, and I am out of the house and out of school right now, and feeling decidedly better about life.

More to come.

2 comments:

  1. Hola! Esperemos que se trataba de un pequeño pájaro! (Hopefully it was a small bird!)
    Cariños a los,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I never saw how big a bird it was, but the poo was sizeable!

    ReplyDelete